Monday, October 12, 2009

Saturday October 10. Munich - Bologna: 9.31 am – 4.11 pm




But then who needs fancy?

The six seat compartment taking us from Munich to Bologna brings back memories of the beauty of temporary and casual train acquaintances. How often do you lean over and strike up a conversation with your next seat passenger in a modern train?

We are instantly thrown into a six hour chat with a lovely and handsome couple: Frank and Marion Abbott from Cambridge in England, on their way to Bologna for a four day vacation.

We all appreciate the walls of mountains, the Alps on display through the train windows.

As always when I talk to British people I am self conscious because of my American accent which sometimes sounds banal and sloppy.

I mean, I love American English, I also love quite a few Americans!, it's just that the accent can be too much of everything every now and then, as I will show in a fresh exampel here soon.

No comments: